Saturday, November 10, 2007

Jag Elsker Dag, Jens Lekman



Last night I was fortunate enough to attends Jens Lekman's concert in San Francisco with George and his visiting friend Paddy.


A group called Throw Me the Statue opened, and other than a few songs, I didn't care that much for them.

Throw Me the Statue, "About to Walk" - one of their good songs:

They played about six songs, then it was time for Jens, who is surprisingly more attractive, likeable, and less awkward in person (despite a story about how he once took a vow of silence, "Little Miss Sunshine" style, I imagine). Also, if you've ever listened to his music, it's no surprise that he likes the ladies. Of course, he would have to have an all-girl back-up band: accordian, trumpet, sax, violins, drums, bass...

Afterward, Bimbo's 365 Club, which is a pretty swanky joint, busted out the disco ball and started a dance party. I really wanted to stay, but I was just with the wrong company, I guess.


I miss SLO.


2 comments:

shea said...

aw man, jens lekmen! i'm so jealous! you know the slo crew woulda tore up that dance floor if we were up there... next time tho..

Sarah said...

SLO MISSES YOU MORE! Come see us :-( Sorry I had to miss the show. YOU are the light by which I travel, baby.